AGM Bowls Competition
Terms and conditions
1. Promoter: This competition is operated by Funeral Services Limited, a registered society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014, Registered No 30808R with registered office at 1 Angel Square, Manchester, M60 0AG. References to “we”, “us” or “our” in these terms and conditions are references to the promoter.
2. Opening and closing date: This competition opens on Saturday 20th May at 8:30am and closes on Saturday 20th May at 2:30pm. Any entries made before the opening date or after the closing date will not be valid and will not be entered into this competition.
3. Eligibility: This competition is open to attendees of the Co-op’s Annual General Meeting held on 20 May 2017. If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain written parental or guardian consent to enter and (if you win) claim your prize. We may ask the winner to provide proof of age.
4. How to enter: To enter you must plan 4 bowls on the bowls target mat between the opening and closing date. Maximum of one entry per person.
5. Prize: There is one prize to be won. Maximum one prize per winner. The prize is one pair of VIP tickets to the Co-op Funeralcare Waterloo Handicap 2017, held at Waterloo Bowling Green, Waterloo Hotel, Waterloo Road, Blackpool, FY4 2AF between 18 – 20th September 2017. The winner will be decided by Karen Taylor in line with the selection process outlined in clause 6. If the winner is unable to attend the event there are no alterative prizes. We may substitute or change the prize for a prize of an equivalent or greater value if circumstances beyond our control make it necessary to do so but there will be no cash alternative.
6. Winner selection: Judging of the competition will take place on the day. The winner will be the person with the highest score achieved from their 4 bowls on the bowls target mat. If there is more than one person with the highest score then a winner will be drawn at random by a computer.
7. Notification: We will contact winner within 5 days after the date that entries are judged. We will try to contact the winner by phone or e-mail provided on entry to the competition.
8. Decisions of the promoter and judge: The decision of the judge in relation to the winner is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it. Our decision regarding any other aspect of the competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
9. Winner list: Winner’s name and details of winning entries can be obtained by sending an email to email@example.com within 10 of days after the closing date of the competition.
10. Agreement to these terms and conditions: Entry to this competition shall constitute your acceptance of these terms and conditions and your agreement to be bound by them. These terms and conditions take effect immediately upon entry to the competition.
11. Disqualification: We reserve the right to reject any entry, withhold the prize and disqualify you from the competition if we suspect you of failing to comply with these terms and conditions or of fraud, cheating or dishonesty.
12. Limitation of liability: Insofar as is permitted by law, we, our agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate you or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize (if you win) except where it is caused by our negligence or the negligence of our agents or distributors or that of our or their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
13. Use of personal information to administer competition: We, other members of the Co-operative Group and 3rd party agencies acting on our behalf, may collect personal information from you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable data privacy laws. Except as set out in clause 14 below, we and other members of the Co-operative Group will only use your information for the purposes of administering this competition.
14. Use of personal and other information for promotional purposes: By entering this competition, you agree that if you win we, other members of the Co-operative Group and 3rd party agencies acting on our behalf, may use your entry, name, image, county of residence and any testimonial you have provided to us, for promotional purposes (including on our websites, social media, within our magazines or within promotional emails).
15. Cancellation or withdrawal of competition: We reserve the right at our absolute discretion to withdraw or cancel this competition without prior notice and without liability to any party if it becomes necessary to do so.
16. Changes to these terms and conditions: We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Such Revised Terms will be provided via hard copy only.
17. Relevant law: This competition and these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts if any dispute arises.