Six questions to ask before choosing your Funeral Plan
Making sure you get the best plan for you
You might be ready to put plans into place to make sure your funeral costs are covered and your loved ones don’t have to pick up the bill, or worry about whether they’re giving you the send-off you want.
A funeral plan can help you to do this. If you’re looking for a funeral plan, here are our top tips when comparing plans:
Our top 6 tips to consider to make sure you get the best plan for you
- Is the Plan fully guaranteed? In other words are all 3rd party costs (those outside the control of your Funeral Director) covered in full by the funeral plan? If it’s a contribution only towards 3rd party costs, it’s worth checking if this increases in line with inflation – that way you’ll avoid any nasty surprises for your loved ones when it comes to paying for your funeral
- How is the money paid for a funeral invested and what safeguards are in place? Is the Funeral Plan provider a member of the FPA (Funeral Planning Authority)? They exist to make sure their members give you the funeral you’ve paid for.
- Check the cancellation policy, cooling off period and any cancellation charges. You might want time to think or discuss details with those closest to you.
- Are the payment terms clear? Are circumstances such as what happens if you’re paying by instalments and miss a payment set out?
- Who carries out the funeral? Can you select a preferred Funeral Director and can you change your preference?
- Have you thought about what happens if you’re planning to move to a different part of the country at a later date? What would happen to your funeral plan?
We have the most complete Pre-paid Plan:
However much prices rise, your loved ones will have nothing extra to pay for the services included in your Plan. As prices and availability vary across the UK, Co-op burial plans do not include the cost of buying a grave.
Is my money safe?
The Co-op Funeralcare Funeral Plan is invested in a regulated whole-of-life insurance policy or trust fund in accordance with the rules and guidelines set out by the Funeral Planning Authority (FPA).
Our cancellation policy is very transparent, we have a 30 day cooling off period, during which time you can cancel and receive a full refund. After that a Cancellation fee of £250 will be payable.
A wide range of plans for burial and cremation
We provide a wide range of Funeral Plans for both burial and cremation, all planned and carried out by us. Whatever your budget, however you want to say goodbye, we’ve got a plan to suit.
Use our online Funeral Plan calculator to find how much you would pay per month for one of our plans. You can select how long you want to take the plan out for and see the difference in monthly payments.
Planned and carried out by us
We’ll help you plan your funeral and when the time comes, it’s us who will carry out your wishes too. You can select the Co-op funeral home you prefer to carry out your funeral.
Fully flexible Plan
Change your details, wishes or funeral home at no extra cost and upgrade your Plan with no administration fee.
Local funeral homes
With over 1,000 funeral homes nationwide, we’re nearby when you need us.
You can start a Pre-paid Funeral Plan today. There’s no upper age limit (dependent on payment option chosen