Our Children's Funeral Service
Dealing with the death of a child is a devastating experience for any parent. Having to comprehend the loss as well as sorting out the funeral and associated costs makes this time even more traumatic.
We provide as much support as possible to parents following a bereavement and as part of this commitment, the funeral service we provide for your loved one is free of charge up to the age of 18 years old. We're here to provide guidance and support every step of the way.
The free services we provide are:
All Funeral Director services to cover all aspects of the funeral arrangement, including the completion of all documentation and liaison with all third parties and appropriate advice, support and guidance.
- Caring for your loved one. Bringing your loved one into our care, ensuring they are being looked after, providing the best possible care. We have private rooms where you may wish to come and visit, supporting you in spending as much time as possible with your loved one.
- Embalming (if requested).
- Choice of coffin. Fully lined and fitted with a soft interior.
- Suitable vehicle for you and your child, or hearse and limousine if more appropriate. Client choice of route for the funeral procession.
- Personnel to conduct the funeral.
- Use of the funeral home for service where available.
The services provided by others such as third party charges or disbursements
You will only need to pay for the additional costs for services provided by others, these can include for instance:
- Burial: Minister or Officiant’s fee ∙ Burial or interment fee ∙ Gravedigger fees
- Cremation: Cremation fees at a local crematorium ∙ Minister or Officiant’s fee ∙ Fees for cremation documents
These charges can differ depending on your geographical location, your local Funeral Director will be able to advise you on this.
How we can help you personalise your service
You can choose to add any additional products or services to the funeral such as:
- Alternative coffin selection
- Personal Floral tributes
- Funeral stationery, memorial books
- Obituary notices, acknowledgements
- Fingerprint keepsakes – handprints, footprints and fingerprints available
- Cremation commemoration range of caskets, urns and keepsakes
- Memorial masonry
- Alternative hearse
- Additional limousines
Please contact us at any time and we’ll be there to help and support you.
Charities and organisations
There are various charities and organisations available that support people dealing with the tragic loss of a child.
You might find these helpful if you need further support, counselling or somebody else to talk to.
Arranging a funeral - Find out more
Download or request a brochure to learn more about; Your guide to funeral services, memorial masonry, floral tributes, how to write a eulogy, ashes caskets/coffin collection or our stationery collectionDownload or request a brochure now