Bereavement Allowance (previously Widow's Pension)
A Bereavement Allowance is a taxable benefit that is given up to 52 weeks from the date your husband, wife or civil partner died.
How do I know whether I'm eligible?
You may be eligible for Bereavement Allowance if all of the below apply:
- You were aged 45 or over when your husband, wife or civil partner died
- You’re under the State Pension age
- Your husband, wife or civil partner paid National Insurance contributions, or they died as a result of an industrial accident or disease
What financial support will this offer?
The amount you’ll receive depends on:
- The amount your husband, wife or civil partner contributed to their National Insurance
- Your age at the time of their death
The maximum weekly payment rate ranges from £33.77 to £112.55, depending on the above.
For further information or to apply visit: www.gov.uk/bereavement-allowance
The Simple Funeral
Our Simple Funeral allows us to provide a caring and quality service at a fair cost. A simple, lower-cost funeral option at £1,995 with the comfort of knowing that quality isn’t compromised.Click here to find out more